Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Italian Soup

My mom gave me this recipe.  I think she got it from DelMonte Foods.  It's really quick to put together and so good on a cold evening.

1 can each:  Italian Beans, Zucchini in Tomato Sauce, Peas & Carrots, Diced Tomatoes w/Basil &
                   Oregano, Chicken or Beef Broth
Cooked Chicken or Beef
Salad Macaroni (or any small pasta)

You will use chicken broth with chicken -OR- beef broth with beef.  Use vegetable broth for a no meat option.

Open all the cans and dump contents into a large pot.  Add meat.  Bring to a boil.  Add pasta.  Continue to cook until pasta is done.  Season to taste.  So simple.

I don't always have tomatoes with basil and oregano so I use regular tomatoes and a little Italian seasoning.

As a substitute for the canned broth, I will do 2 cups of water with 2 boullion cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment