This is a recipe that my mom has made for years. I don't have any idea where it originally came from.
1 lb. ground beef, browned with onions
1 can chili with beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can diced green chiles
8 oz Velveeta
1/2 C heavy whipping cream
Combine beef, chili, tomatoes, beans and chiles in a large pot. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add diced up Velveeta and cream. Allow cheese to melt. Serve over Fritos corn chips or use as a dip for tortilla chips.
**I don't always have hamburger on hand so I sometimes use a can of chili NO beans in place of it. You can use large or small cans of everything depending on how much you want to make. This is a great crock pot meal. Put everything except the cheese and cream in and let it cook on low all day. Add cheese and cream about 30 minutes before eating. The leftovers are even better than the first day.
No comments:
Post a Comment